Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Skunks really stink

So we are up late as usual. Troy and I hang out in the garage, he either is piddling around with something while I do my homework.  About an hour ago he decided to let the dog out for the last time of the night. I heard Troy yelling and I ran out and he said that she had gotten sprayed by a skunk....Ugh I thought this is going to be a long night. She was running around the yard like crazy and when I finally got a hold of her I realized that the skunk sprayed her right in the face. You do not know how thankful I am for this.No, that sounded bad. I am thankful the skunk did not get her whole body, I feel horrible it got her face.  I washed her off with Dawn and tomato juice and she is stink free. Now, this is the third time this skunk has been in our yard. I am thinking about calling around tomorrow and trying to find someone to trap it and take it away. Wish it was as easy as calling Billy the Exterminator. One of his shows showed him trapping a skunk and made it look easy. The thing even sprayed the blanket he threw over top of it and he acted like it did not stink to high heaven.  I am very worried that this skunk is going to strike again and what if it is one of my kids next time and not the dog? Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Well, I am off its after 2am and I have a lot to do in the AM.....Night night


S

No comments:

Post a Comment