CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Finally I have a job

I got the call today...I start tomorrow. I am so excited. I have been unemployed for 6 months. After what seems like a million resumes sent and a about a dozen interviews I finally landed the job I wanted. I had been offered a couple previously but they just were not what I was looking for. I wanted a job that I knew I could grow in and that was in the field I had experience in. I am going to be learning some new things and it is not going to be easy. Not only will I be in online college but I will be studying for work to pass a test. The starting pay is great and I will have benefits starting from day one. I had the interview about three weeks ago right at the time I was going to take a job with another company. I was confident in the interview. They told me a couple of days later I was their #1 candidate, I just had to wait for HR to call me and than getting the background check etc. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I guess it is always that way with a new job, Not really knowing what to expect and not sure how the people are. I hope Troy is up to running the kids around. I think he will do what it takes to help me because I can say the last six months as sucked. I am so sick of worrying how we are going to make all the bills and we were not able to do anything fun with the kids this summer.

Well I am off. Need to try and get myself on a better sleep schedule. 2 am is just not going to cut it anymore.

Also any of you smart people out there. As you can see I am not the worlds best writer. I would say I suck. I have a huge essay to write for school. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. My topic is why I think it is better to buy a home vs. renting. Give me your thoughts while your at it. Thanks:)

Oh one more thing. I rocked the kitchen today. I made apple oatmeal cinnamon cookies , applecrisp and stuffed peppers. We planted a apple tree five or six years ago and this was the first year it produced anything worth while. Did not want to see any of them go to waste. I still have about 10 more so it looks like I will be making more cookies this weekend. I am going to look for something a little differnt than I already did.
The peppers also came from the garden and wow did they come out yummy. I told Troy that was all my domestication for the year lol. Night all

xxoo S

2 comments:

Lynn Hahn said...

Congrads on your job. My husband has been in HR for many years. I know the weird dance they have to do before they hire someone.

A nice free way to learn about writing is to sign up with Ezine Articles. Your articles may get turned down for a bit but they give you free training and it's great!

I home schooled my son and he did really well in his SATs and in college too. I always taught him to "tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them and then tell them what you told them".

That's a pretty tough topic in this economy. Although buying a house right now can be much cheaper with all that's going on. There are lots of foreclosures and great deals out there.

Well, good luck and happy blogging!

Sheryl said...

Thank you Lynn. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been might neglectful of my blog. Hopefully that is changing;) Thank you for the advice. I will defiantly check out Ezine.

Post a Comment